Friday, February 12, 2010

The more knowledge we gain, the more we turn the eye inward and examine our internal beliefs. True or false?

As we age and learn do we more often pick apart and examine everything we were raised with; ie society, politics, theology...?The more knowledge we gain, the more we turn the eye inward and examine our internal beliefs. True or false?
That's a good question, because I have seen that be true and false! My grandparents and in-laws were both pretty traditional and somewhat conservative, but as they aged, they became more and more open minded and liberal. I have also experienced people who were contemporaries of my parents (big-time hippies) who now are close-minded and even intolerant.


I think a lot of it depends on your view of the world, some people seem to grow more fearful and close themselves off from life and new experiences while others continue to be life-long learners.


I try to examine and challenge my beliefs and thoughts by being open to what others think, and I hope I am always willing to take on new beliefs, as well as dismiss old opinions.The more knowledge we gain, the more we turn the eye inward and examine our internal beliefs. True or false?
There is more to a human than flesh and blood. It's not that simple. I can pick apart religion but I cannot deny my Creator. I cannot deny my Savior. And I can't explain spiritual matters to a person without spirit. An unbeliever can turn their ';eye'; inward and they will be found wanting.


It's interesting that you used the word ';eye';. What does that mean to you?
My answer to this is definitely true. Think of it this way the more knowledge we encounter it not only calls for us to accept it as the truth but it also calls us to challenge our beliefs (if that truth was not a belief previously held). And unlike one of the users, I believe that true believers have so much faith and knowledge because they questioned their beliefs. When one questions, they search for answers and in turn find truth.
Absolutely true. The longer I'm a Christian and the more I learn from the Bible, the stronger my faith becomes. I can't believe I finally made a right choice in my life.
True.
False. The more knowledge we gain the greater our understanding and interest in things outside of ourselves. Our horizons broaden and we look further afield for answers.
If it is the knowledge of God. It is a gift of God.
True





But what you fail to see here is that in this section, religion doesnt allow for the accumulation of knowledge. As an end result, religious beliefs rarely get questioned by true believers, because they are prevented from earning that needed knowledge and growth by the very foundations of their faith.





Sad really.....

No comments:

Post a Comment